You Live As Long As You Are Remembered
Remembering our Scolaro, Giunta, Guinta, Guinte, Ganta, Petorella, Pedorella and Szczudlo ancestors.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Loose Ends, Dead Ends-Not the End

Printing 5_34_20 AM

As you can see from the lopsided chart, our direct lineage can be traced back six generations on only one line.  There are only 21 names on this chart including myself. However, I have over 400 individuals in my genealogy program and I have more to enter.  Aunts, uncles, siblings of our relatives, births, deaths, marriages, occupations, where they lived and even relations living on the same street. provide a very interesting picture of our family.

It has been difficult to find links to many individuals due to spelling inaccuracies, poor or illegible handwriting, missing documents and lack of information.   For example, Aunt Millie and Aunt Sylvie, Mom’s sisters. Millie’s given name was Magdalene and she was called Mildred.  Sylvie’s given name was Palma and she  was called Sylvia.  Even with their birthdates I have yet to locate any birth records.  It could be that they have not been indexed by Ancestry.com.  But, in the case of Aunt Millie I even located the 1909 birth records for Chicago and went through them page by page online and after hours of searching, I finally gave up.  The birth record may be there but there didn’t seem, to me anyway, a rhyme or reason to  their order.

I will continue inputting the information I have collected thus far and maybe someday our missing ancestors and relatives will turn up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment